Congratulations to everyone except Lulu for advancing to Week 2. While Lulu has lost her privilege to pick a team, she has gained the right to heckle mercilessly without fear of retribution.
Here's a recap of Week 1:
(all correct except Lulu)
Brett Bills
Stan Chiefs
Steve C Titans
Casey Raiders
Steve T Raiders
Lorrie Lions
Brian Browns
Dave Raiders
Bibler Chiefs
Migs Raiders
Ryan Bucs
Atu Raiders
Travis Raiders
Lulu Chargers
Remember, you cannot pick the same team twice, which means that Lorrie cannot go with the Lions again, just cuz (although that proved to be a great strategy).
Please go ahead and submit your picks in the comments. Good luck!
After barely surviving last week, my Stone Cold Lead Pipe Concrete Ironclad Swiss-made Lock of the week sponsored by Snuggies is...the Texans. Even though they have Andre the Giant, last year's rookie surprise Steve Slaton, and the guy picked before Reggie Bush, I believe that the Titans are going to pound them into the ground with consistently large rushing holes and a stout defense.
ReplyDeleteThe humiliation of my loss in no way impacts the level of my indignance.
ReplyDeleteThe only thing that's getting pounded this week, Brett, is shot after shot as you realize that the Texans' offense are a lot better than they looked against the Jets, who are already seen as having a top-3 defense, and the only large holes that are getting ripped open are the ones in Kerry Collins' jersey as he gets slammed by Super Mario.
ReplyDeleteSorry Bibs, but my pick is Cincy this week playing in Lambeau. I know that Chad has already promised a Lambeau Leap, but alas, Greg Jennings can do to the Cincy secondary by himself what Brandon Stokley did with some help last week. Go Packers!
Also, I really wanted to pick against Miami this week, but they're at home, and weird things happen when Latino celebrities are involved at home.
ReplyDeleteI'm going with the bears loosing to Pitt. The Bears loss Urlacher, Cutler looked not so hot, and they are playing the defending chamsp who had a long week to prepare.
ReplyDeleteCasey, I don't know if you've ever met Steve. He's the water athlete of the BSS Report, which means that, when he's not being submerged in H2O, he fails a lot. He lets balls bounce off the numbers. He throws worse than Trent Edwards. When he runs, he runs as if he's wearing flippers. Flippers that were recently grafted on him from a dolphin.
ReplyDeleteMy point is: Steve Chien would STILL be better than the starting RB of Pittsburgh right now. You're picking a team to win on the road without a single person that can get 30 yards on the ground? Good luck!
YO RAIDERS I'M REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU AND IMMA LET YOU FINISH BUT LAST YEAR DETROIT HAD ONE OF THE WORST TEAMS OF ALL TIME.
ReplyDeleteI'm picking the Lions this week.
Okay that one's fine but from now on this blog is a strictly No-Kanye-Zone.
ReplyDeletePeter King has the Lions in an upset on si.com. Just sayin'. I'm sure Brian, when he gets around to it, will also pick the Lions, which would make it doubly wonderful to watch them win for the 2nd time in 27 games this Sunday.
ReplyDeleteSide note - I'll be bumping this post up periodically so that people can access it easily to submit their picks.
ReplyDeleteHow do you do that? Just edit it and it goes to the top?
ReplyDeleteYou can edit the timestamp, which determines the order of the posts - I'm actually going to see if I can edit it for the future so it stays at the top until, say, Sunday at noon.
ReplyDeleteThis week, Ocho Cinco may do the Lambeau Leap but Cincinnati will surely suck. Packers > Bengals 27-14.
ReplyDeletecincinnati is my pick
ReplyDeleteOh come on guys - I can't make fun of your picks if you PICK THE SAME ONE I DID!!!
ReplyDeleteWow this is one-stop shopping for me! Senor OchoCinco is going to dominate the Packers secondary. And Cedric Benson is going to finally bust out and demonstrate why he was a top 5 pick. Carson Palmer will thrust himself into the MVP debate and Keith Rivers will break someone else's jaw. So watch out!
ReplyDeleteWho am I kidding? They're going to get the snot beat out of them.
I'm jumping on the Bengals bandwagon because all the cool kids are doing it.
ReplyDeleteHaha Brett Lorrie thinks I'm cooler than you :)
ReplyDeleteI think the Lions are keeping it close this week, losing by just 24 points
ReplyDeleteO'Shea is going balls to the wall and picking Philly this week. Let's get it on!
ReplyDeleteBrian, true to form, picks the Lions. Oh I'm going to have a such a field day when the Lions pull off a stunning upset.
ReplyDeleteWell, thanks for making my pick for me Stan. And though I gurantee the Cowboys lose this week, I am going to take the Lions as my official pick. Better safe than sorry, and I'll never regret picking the best team in football to beat a team going 0-17 the past two years.
ReplyDeleteStill waiting on Bibs, Atu, and Travis it seems - someone want to put them in hurry-up mode? Otherwise they get the Monday Night under-marine-mammals as a default.
ReplyDeleteBibs is jumping on the Lions bandwagon as well! Just make sure that you don't fall off when the bandwagon fails to ford the river and all your oxen die.
ReplyDeleteI'm pick the Colts for tonight.... serves me right for waiting so long....
ReplyDeleteYou...ah know this is a pick'em losers league, right? Just because none of us were comfortable picking Miami to lose at home with T-Pain and Hennifer Lopez looking on doesn't actually mean we think they'll pull off an upset.
ReplyDeleteThat being said, I'll be cheering for the Marine Mammals tonight. Or at least against Reggie Wayne and Donald Brown.