9.07.2009

Courtesy of our Second Most Faithful Reader

Rankings are established by the number of times you post comments on our blog:



Most certainly an athletic event, this pole dancing is. I've got a lot more respect for the country of Australia now for producing such a wonderful athletic specimen. There's something to be said for being able to hold yourself up on a metal pole using nothing but your legs and the friction caused by sweat on said legs. On the list of things women can do that men shouldn't try, this is probably #3, behind getting pregnant and bleeding for 10 days without dying.

On a COMPLETELY separate note, I was watching Jeopardy today and they were showing the first Jeopardy episode ever posted, so this was like 1984 or something. Alex had dark hair and a mustache and was still a douche, but that's beside the point. Anyway, there were 2 guys and a girl, and the guys got every question in 5 of the 6 categories, and the girl missed everything she tried her hand at in those 5 categories. Then she just blew through the 6th like no one elses' business.

The 6th category? Cooking. Clearly there is something to be said about gender norms in the 1980s.

6 comments:

  1. a) who's the first?? (unless there's an image in this post that jpm is blocking)
    b) 10 days? stan, you need to meet different women

    ReplyDelete
  2. a)Steve tan, since he started commenting in May. Not scientifically proven, but I think I have him down for more comments than any other readers of our blog.

    b)Needing a 2nd example, I made something up on the spot. I apologize for any offense given.

    c)I also made that up on the spot, but since based on the comments we only have 2 loyal readers, it's not particularly difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not so, Stanimal. I make 3.

    Also, Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls? Not exactly mood music.

    ReplyDelete