My mom told me that I had to play violin because all good Asian kids did it.
I'm going to tell my kids to play violin too, but this would be my inspirational tactic:
I would also provide, although I have no footage, of the 2005 YSO Halloween show, as similar inspiration.
Update: Found a clip of said Halloween show, but the sound's really really off. I'll post it anyway, since like 5 people read this blog and all know the soloist, and at any rate, more people have seen it live than on youtube.
New Update: Our most faithful reader has provided a better link to above show, where the audio is not 3 seconds ahead of the video:
Just as a clarification: I'm not gonna tell my kid that if you practice hard, you'll get to play Vivaldi on an electric violin wearing some slightly revealing clothing on stage at Yale in front of 1,500 people. But you should at the very least get the best seats in the house on stage watching the young lady (or gentleman) who will get that soloist honor.
Someone want to tell Pika that she's the first SM'08 non-reader to make it on this blog?
um I actually have the video of most of her solo on my youtube page. For some reason I cant copy the link...
ReplyDeletein my video someone says "OMG HAVE MY BABIES"
ReplyDeleteSend me an email with the link or something, or type it out longhand and I'll put it in to replace this crappy link and give you credit for it.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A_w_vAzXDo
ReplyDelete