7.31.2009

Respect the LFL

I've been trying to think of something funny and snarky to say about the Lingerie Football League, but I've got nothing. There are so many possible jokes to make about a dearth of football knowledge and grammar in the "Philly Passion" organization that it's like making fun of Quasimodo for being ugly - it is mindlessly mean-spirited and entirely besides the point. The LFL isn't supposed to be a showcase of premium athletic talent, it's entertainment in the same vein as American Gladiator, a show with respectable athletes (Gina Carano, MMA) and infinite entertainment value. This clip from Shutdown Corner has actual plays being executed and some surprising athleticism, so I don't see why we shouldn't give the LFL the benefit of the doubt.

Update: Okay the LFL, specifically one coach, just lost a little bit of that respect, freeze frame at 1:22.

3 comments:

  1. Holy shit they actually look pretty good. This seems at least as competitive as roller derby, which I hear is a blast to watch. I predict this will have a more successful business model than the XFL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "we defense each other..."
    she verbed it up nice.

    ReplyDelete