10.09.2009

The Wildcat explained: How it works and how to defend it

Chris Brown, from SmartFootball.com, explains the Wildcat on the Fifth Down blog. His explanation is very clear with diagrams and videos to illustrate his point. It should be interesting to see if Rex Ryan and the Jets can stop the Wildcat this Monday Night. If they can, the Fins could be in for a long afternoon. However, the Wildcat has worked quite well for the Fins this year, so I hope they can generate some offense out of it to take pressure off of Chad Henne.


Fifth Down

One thing I would like to see from someone like Chris Brown is an analysis of why the Dolphins are so much better at running it than other teams (or if they even are). Is RONNIE BROWN the reason why it works? What about Ricky? I suspect that Jake Long and the rest of the line have a lot to do with Miami's success.

1 comment:

  1. Haven't read the Fifth Down piece yet, but I remember the Ravens under Rex Ryan shut down Miami and the Wildcat hard last year, and this year's Jets are comparable on a personnel level as well. Chad Henne and Ted Ginn are going to have to show something this week in my estimation.

    As to why it has been working, I think you're exactly right, Miami's good run blocking and two good backs are the drivers here.

    ReplyDelete