2.15.2010

In which the Cincinnati Bengals make like Sandra Bullock

The queen of reclamation projects and second chances:

ViewMore FromRelated VideosCommentsShareSendFavoriteTwitterFacebook


Unfortunately, the Bengals wish their reclamation projects had the talent of a Michael Oher. Or half the talent of a Michael Oher, who finished second in Rookie of the Year voting to the far flashier Percy Harvin (noting that since at least 2000, every RoY has been a QB, WR, or RB)

Meanwhile, the Bengals' interests in new reclamation projects revolve around a pair of Joneses. In one corner, you have Matt Jones, who has been having trouble with white lines (no, not the white lines that Dan Orlovsky has trouble with, but from a human standpoint, a far more concerning one)

In the other, you have Adam Jones. Who's Adam Jones, you ask? Let's see if this can help your recollection (slightly risque, but it's no Miranda Kerr)



At this point, the Bengals are starting to remind me of me senior year trying to outdo myself on the Wall of Minor Scholastic Achievements. Just because they've had some success in the past with other teams' castoffs, they are trying to up the ante at least one more time. I'm glad that semester I only had four 5-page papers. If I had been assigned any more, I would have legitimately tried to prove Vespe right on being able to crank one out in 15 minutes while taking a dump, which would have only ended in disaster. Taking on the crazy dude formerly known as Pacman sounds like a fair analogy. Good luck guys. The Saints struck gold with Darren Sharper and Drew Brees, but you don't see them trying to knock down the door at Rae Carruth's house, do you?

2 comments:

  1. I like what the Bengals are doing. Matt Jones and Pacman both deserve a second (or third, as the case may be) shot. Also, just factchecking here, but there are both offensive and defensive ROTY awards - Brian Cushing won the D crown this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know about defensive ROTY, but I was just measuring Oher against the other offensive rookies. I'll give the Bengals Matt Jones, but I can't see a reason why they're picking up Pacman when they have probably one of the top cornerback tandems in the league in Joseph and Hall. I think this one the Bengals just want to prove to the league that they can redeem anyone. Even Pacman.

    ReplyDelete