9.11.2013

Pick Em Week 1

Ok yes, it's actually Week 2 but better late than never, right.  After seeing week 1, you should know who is primed for NY/NJ in February and who is getting Jadeveon come May.  So, prove it; make a pick.  Last year, everyone was eliminated by Week 4.

Rules:  Pick a team to LOSE each week.  Each week you must pick a new team.  If your team wins, you're out.  You can choose anytime up to kickoff of the game you are choosing.  Pick by commenting to this post.

Notes of the week:
1.  Brandon Weeden plays QB for the Cleveland Browns.
2.  Blaine Gabbert (QBR of 1.2 in Week 1) is not playing QB for the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 2.  The over/under on the Oakland Raiders was 5.5 wins this year. The Oakland Raiders are favored by 6 points over the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 2.
3.  Jadeveon Clowney's favorite color is teal.
4.  Special note to Vespe:  please do not choose the Astros . . .

20 comments:

  1. Steelers to lose.

    Yet another note: I watched the Steelers game week 1. I needed a reason to watch them in week 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find football barbaric and bewildering, and I only participate in this pool to troll Matt.

    Because Matt took the trouble to explicitly forbid me from picking the Astros, I'll instead pick the Titans to lose to the Texans in the Hicks-Pharr Bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Matt, the Steelers lose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going with the Browns. Erin is sitting next to me. She also is going with the Browns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to say the Skins, but remembered I have them in my wins pool and I'll get all confused with my cheering obligations.

    J E T S !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pick the Titans for two reasons: 1) I'm angry they beat the Steelers and 2) to spite Matt.

    I'm Bret by the way...Mike Vespe's roommate in Pittsburgh and Matt Pharr's occasional lover from our time in Knoxville together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dolphins. Nice bio Bret.

    ReplyDelete