11.07.2010

Pick Em Week 9

It's still a 3 horse race, but the herd will thin soon as more and more teams become ineligible. This week's slate of games features some pretty safe picks (NYG over SEA and GB over DAL), but the parity in the NFL is notorious. For example, even the Bills looked frisky last week. Can the get off of the snide this week?


Tanman: Raiders 49ers Browns Panthers Bills Lions Jaguars Vikings
Casey: Raiders Bills Panthers Lions 49ers Browns Cowboys Vikings
Karlin: Raiders Bills Bucs 49ers Broncos Browns Chargers Panthers

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to stick with easy picks and go with the Giants beating Seattle. That may have something to do with the fact Charlie Whitehurst, who the team felt the need to push in camp by bringing in JP Losman, is starting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very, very tempted to go with the Giants over the Seahawks, and the Packers over the Cowboys, but I am going to hold on to those two teams for a bit later in the season.

    I have decided to go with the Jets over the Lions. I think the Jets' rushing offense should trample over the Lions. Also, I think that the Jets' defense can make the Lions one dimensional. If the Jets pass defense plays better than the Skins (doable) against Stafford, and the Jets offense does not commit any egregious, costly turnovers, I think the Jets should win this fairly handily. The Jets offense also has something to prove after getting shut-out last week against the Packers.

    So, in short, I predict the losers this week to be the Lions. Go Jets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hasselbeck will bite you in the ass when you least expect him to, in my experience. Tanman to lose this week, in my very meta Pick Em Pick Em League.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lions pick almost bit Karlin in the ass. Looks like dumpling is out in the meta Pick Em Pick Em League after one week when he didn't realize it was actually Charlie Whitehurst starting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that was a pretty close call this past weekend against the Lions, but I have faith in the JETS and Sanchez. I knew they'd rally sooner or later. In the end, they came back in the final drive and hit the game-tying field goal with 4 seconds left. The deficit was only 3 points because the Lions field goal kicker got injured (as did Stafford late in the game), and Suh, a D-Linesman, tried to kick the extra point. Jets scored on their first drive in OT. Go JETS! J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS JETS!

    ReplyDelete