4.25.2009

NFL Draft in 15 minutes!!!

For those of who that may not know, I am a diehard Dolphins fan. There has been quite a lot of speculation about who the Parcells-Ireland-Sparano triumvirate might pick. Since the Fins are picking later in the first round (25th) and then twice in the second round (44th & 56th), they have several directions that they can take this draft.

1st round: The triumvirate will go Defense first. Either a passrushing OLB or a CB. As a Buckeye, I would be ecstatic to see Malcolm Jenkins fall to us. However, it is highly likely that either the Saints or Texans will take him with one of their picks at 14 and 15, respectively. I'm not totally sold on Vontae Davis, partly because of the trouble (and lack of production) that his brother Vernon has been for the 49ers. I would be content with Darius Bulter from UCONN, although we might be able to grab a decent CB with one of our 2nd rounders, so I am against reaching for one here. I would like to see us pick up a pass rusher if someone slips. If Robert Ayers or Aaron Maybin falls, then I fully expect the Fins to pounce. Alternatively, Larry English, Clay Matthews, or Clint Sintim may be available and would be a solid pick. I absolutely do not want to take a WR (unless Crabtree or Maclin drops like a stone). We can easily find one in the 2nd or 3rd round.

2nd round: These picks depend heavily on who we take in the 1st round. If the Dolphins don't take a CB in the 1st round, then I expect them to address that position in round 2. I also hope that they take a NT, maybe Ron Brace from BC. They also could go with a WR if one slides (maybe Robiskie, Nicks, or Britt). According to the Bill Parcells big-body theory, it is possible that the Dolphins take an OL or DL.

No comments:

Post a Comment