12.01.2011

Pick Em Week 13

Lessons learned this week:
-The Packers are pretty good (I'm looking at you Stan)
-The Raiders are equal opportunity combine gawkers. They don't limit themselves to overdrafting physical freaks at wide receiver but are happy to extend that principle to kickers as well. However, the ability to kick a football a country mile correlates much more strongly with game situations than extremely low 40 times.

Brett Bucs Chiefs
Lorrie Bucs Jags
Kelsey Bucs Vikings
Vespe Panthers Chiefs
Casey Cards Vikings
Tanman Cards Fins
Alan Cards Jags
Matt Chiefs Vikings
Jimmy Chiefs Bills
Kate Chiefs Browns
Chien Chiefs Giants

13 comments:

  1. It is tough not to pick a team starting Dan Orlovsky. You might have heard of Orlovsky, as he is the namesake for the "Dan Orlovsky," a play in which the quarterback rolls out...of the back of the endzone accidentally resulting in a safety.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhijWrjy8Uo

    Indy and I think the spread (currently 20 points) is conservative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. colts losing this week (no-brainer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I'm just embracing the go-for-it approach mentality of my alma mater, who decided that going for it on 4th and 23 with a 3 point lead on your own 20 is a good idea.

    2. Down but not out, I'm going to begin playing Pick'em Pick'em later this week once people have their picks in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard not to pick the Colts. As an FYI, the 3 touchdown spread is the largest spread given to a game in the past 10 years (happened also 1 time before). Colts to lose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another aside, you know who was prominently featured as QB in Detroit's 0-16 season? None other than Dan Orlovsky. Let's review his most famous play:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhijWrjy8Uo

    Apparently he commented: "When they started blowing the whistle," Orlovsky said, "I was like, 'Did we false start or were they offsides or something?' Then I looked and I was like, 'You are an idiot.' "

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be foolishly bold, Shenghao Chiueh-style, and pick the Packers to lose to the Giants. "FUCK YEAH GMEN!!!!!1" is what I might say if I grew up in the New York area and cared about football; one of these conditions is not met.

    Obviously, in meta-Pickem, I pick myself to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take the Rams. Then, when Peyton decides to play and Indy wins, I'll win . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Detroit sans Suh < Brees/Colston/Graham....with the game at the Superdome....where the Saints have yet to lose this season.....yeah

    Lions to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't see Indy pulling this out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll save the colts for next week. Rams.

    ReplyDelete