9.11.2011

Pick Em Week 1

Football is back, which means that we have a new bunch of losers to root for. This year, however, will be a little different because the more hapless a team is, the better its shot at winning the "Suck for Luck" lottery. For those of you that are now thinking about a leprechaun getting serviced, please get your mind out of the gutter because I'm talking about is the right to draft the consensus number one overall pick in next year's draft: Andrew Luck. The only knock on him was that he couldn't win when it mattered most. He promptly silenced his critics by growing this playoff beard...over a long weekend. If that piece of facial hair doesn't scream first-ballot Hall of Famer, then nothing will.




That being said, let the games begin!

Rules:
For those that are new: pick a team to LOSE each week without repeating teams throughout the course of the season. If your team wins, then you're out. You can choose anytime before kickoff of the game that you are picking. Leave your pick as a comment to this post.

17 comments:

  1. Vikings because they might not even win the Viking Master game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Manning No Win. This is true both for the Colts and for Steve's fantasy team. Colts to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Stan without Manning the Colts are worse than the Bills the first 8 weeks of the season last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaguars, because when I was trying to watch baseball highlights on ESPN, they kept trying to tell me something about the Jaguars releasing their quarterback or something. I wasn't really paying attention because football is a peasant sport.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing as three people have already sealed their fate by picking the Vikings and Colts to lose, I am very excited to know that I will win it all this year. Miami will lose. May I also say, thank God football is back so we don't have to watch any more baseball filled sportcenters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Dallas will lose. Take that, Stan.

    I'll save the Jags for another day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacksonville.

    Saving Carolina for another day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indy will lose. Kerry Collins will break his hip in the first quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Though it pains me to root for the Titans, Jacksonville will lose. I mean, do they even have a quarterback?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sportscenter Top Ten for the past 5 months:
    10. shortstop ranging to his left, glove flip to second, double play at first. yawn.
    9. left fielder makes sliding catch. nbd.
    8. center fielder makes diving catch. done and done.
    7. batboy fields a groundball
    6. pitcher strikes out 15 batters.
    5. jumping fly ball catch of what might have been a hoome run.
    4. another double play.
    3. kielbasa mascot wins race during 7th inning stretch, for the first time since Vietnam.
    2. walk off home run.
    1. cincinnati mayor throws first pitch into dugout. Hooray! Finally something worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Vikings, Rivers is gonna have a field day with you and your secondary. Vikings lose.

    -Phil

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vikings. Sorry Bri. Passing the bar is the only win you're gonna get this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Colts to lose. nayyyy...

    -Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha i love the andrew luck post.

    fins to lose...in great weather tho!

    ReplyDelete