9.12.2010

Despair Springs Eternal: A New Pick 'Em Season Begins!

For those that are new: pick a team to LOSE each week without repeating teams throughout the course of the season. If your team wins, then you're out. You can choose anytime before kickoff of the game that you are picking. Leave your pick as a comment to this post.

Let the meltdowns commence!

29 comments:

  1. Aaron Rodgers is a god walking amongst mere mortals and his quiver is fully stocked. Iggles are goin down and it won't be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EAGLES?! You're picking the eagles?! Rodgers is going to spend most of that game on his ass looking up at the sky. Torn between the Raiders and the Bills but I'm taking the Raiders. Oakland has a chance to get better this year. Buffalo is just going to suck all the way through so I can pick them whatever week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll go with the Jaguars, only because the Astros don't play football.

    -Mike Vespe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,so I just have to pick a loser every week? I got this!

    Pick: St. Louis

    Hopefully Anderson can throw better than Warner can dance...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You want QB's who will be on their butts looking up at the sky all game? I'm picking Matt Hasselbeck and his JV offensive line against the 49er's. You can either watch the game or the All-State commercial. Either way, it'll look the same this Sunday.

    -Philip Liu

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take the Panthers. Matt Moore is only a slight upgrade to Delhomme . . . and that's saying something.

    -Matt Pharr

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kansas City. Do I still advance if I don't say something clever?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know you Mike, but I agree about the Astros, who are a disappointment almost every season....they give you hope and then crush it. What happened to 2005?

    Picking the Chiefs because I don't believe the Matt Cassel hype, injured or not.

    -Alan Lin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Black man with Asian handleSeptember 9, 2010 at 2:17 AM

    Cleveland. Because they're just not the same without Lebron

    ReplyDelete
  10. Going with the Seahawks because....well because it's the Seahawks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't really understand all of this hating on the Astros. They had an awful team this year so I had no expectations and are actually playing really well right now. Can someone fill me in? Vespe, are the Mets really any better?

    -Matt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carolina Panthers. I looked through the entire schedule and made my decision only to find out that Matt choose the same team. I swear that I am not copy-catting: as the saying goes, "great minds think alike."

    And Vespe - the Astros are 66-73 and the Mets are 69-71... I wouldn't get too cocky there, buddy ;)

    -Kate Hicks

    ReplyDelete
  13. the other team by the bay...raiders

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Raiders are my sleeper team this year. You heard it here first!

    -Philip

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're ragging on the Bills to try to get a rise out of me and I will not dignify it with a response. Oakland's going to lose. They may be better, but they aren't good enough to corral Chris Johnson.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Blackman with Asian handle=JP

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lions. Because it's too easy.

    -EY

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cincinati - Jimmy C.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Raiders - Cain Train

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kelsey missed the 1 o'clock train, so she's picking Seahawks - Brett I'll give you a list of the names of people you don't know for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Phil how's that Raiders sleeper pick working out for you?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bibler went with the Bills, which worked out. However, I hope no one else had to watch that thriller of a game.

    ReplyDelete