We'll see. I think LeBron hurt himself with the ESPN special, and that although a lot of the commentators pointed out that Jordan had Pippen and Rodman, and Magic had Worthy and Abdul-Jabbar, and Kobe had Shaq and then Gasol and Artest, etc. etc., the thing is, everyone came to the superstar. In this case, LeBron left Cleveland to go to Miami to be with Wade. I have no problem with him doing that, but for him to turn around and claim that he's still the face of the NBA becomes a lot less compelling. I think until LeBron wins one, and maybe several more, Kobe's the face of the league, and until there's data to prove otherwise, I'm putting Durant as next up.
what's your opinion Stan?
ReplyDeleteWe'll see. I think LeBron hurt himself with the ESPN special, and that although a lot of the commentators pointed out that Jordan had Pippen and Rodman, and Magic had Worthy and Abdul-Jabbar, and Kobe had Shaq and then Gasol and Artest, etc. etc., the thing is, everyone came to the superstar. In this case, LeBron left Cleveland to go to Miami to be with Wade. I have no problem with him doing that, but for him to turn around and claim that he's still the face of the NBA becomes a lot less compelling. I think until LeBron wins one, and maybe several more, Kobe's the face of the league, and until there's data to prove otherwise, I'm putting Durant as next up.
ReplyDeletethe only people that will remember this espn special in 2 years will be from cleveland.
ReplyDelete