7.29.2010

Curious little post by Joe Posnanski on Cleveland

The beginning of this article is excerpted below:

CLEVELAND — Angry? You have no idea. Let’s just put it this way. When I checked into my Cleveland hotel near the aptly named boulevard of Chagrin, the manager gave me a little gift bag (with water and such) and a letter. When you travel a lot, the managers always give you nondescript letters with multiple exclamation points, letters that look a little something like this:

Dear Valued Customer!

Thank you so much for your business! If there is anything we can do to help you enjoy your stay, please do not hesitate to Dial 0 and ask! We here at the hotel take great pride in our customer service! Please put us to the test! And thank you again for your business! We know there are many options for a busy traveler like you! Thank you!

Sincerely!
The Hotel Staff!

I long ago stopped reading these letters, for obvious reasons. And I did not read this one. That was until my wife glanced at it and said, “Um, have you read this letter?”

“No.”

“You might want to take a look at it.”

So I looked at it. It welcomed me to the hotel, said how excited they were to have me there and all the usual stuff.

“Keep reading,” my wife said.

Then came this: “I wanted to also let you know that we especially appreciate the articles you have written in the past few weeks regarding LeBron James. I’m not going to expound on the subject, but let me just say that we all applaud the opinions that you have so eloquently shared in your articles.”

Angry? You have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment