Congratulations to Buttons the guinea pig for being ridiculously freaking clairvoyant. Buttons' owner, Jake Johnson, explains:
"My family does a bracket pool every March," he told us, "where inevitably my sister — who maybe watches five minutes of sports per year — beats me, despite my living and breathing sports. Of course given the competitive nature of our sibling-ship, I never hear the end of it. To prove to my sister that it takes absolutely no knowledge of college basketball to do well, I decided to use the guinea pig to fill out a bracket.I read [Buttons] the names of the teams, and waited for her to choose a team by purring. We repeated this process for 58 of the 63 games, excluding the first round games for the No. 1 seeds and eliminating Ohio University in the first round — I have a strong personal grudge against the Bobcats."
Of course, Jake had no expectation that this was going to be the winning pick, so while he submitted it on Yahoo as a joke, he decided to go for the tried and true method of doing it himself for his family pool.
Naturally, he lost to his sister. Again.
Will begin to take suggestions for how we can beat the guinea pig next year. Anything from a random number generator to "THE random number generator" will be appreciated.
brilliant
ReplyDelete