4.21.2010

New Power Hour Idea!

So once upon a time, I came across this link of a comedian making fun of Pachelbel's Canon in D and how it was a integral part of modern pop music:



Yes, it was quite funny (although I was a violinist and I loved Canon in D. Mucho mucho heart) but I didn't think that much of it, until I got redirected to another link earlier today while waiting in the jury duty room (because I'm a concerned American citizen and all that, notwithstanding the fact I have finals in 6 FREAKING DAYS) and I realized just how many songs are based off of the cello part in Pachelbel.

Original one-hit wonder, eh? You're a pretty good one-hit wonder if 300 years later people are STILL copying your songs. Check out the Australian guys below.



So now I'm wondering, could we possibly get 60-100 songs based on Canon in D for a power hour? Is anyone in for the CoDPH? (Reminds me, sorta, of Cod of War)



Yup, just like that. Will start taking song suggestions in the comments below.

Update: I just realized that there's no "o" for the acronym, but I just wanted to put the Cod of War picture up there anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment