11.08.2009

New Pick 'EM! Week 9

Last week we crowned Bibler the first half Pick 'Em champion. He basically stuck it out with the worst 7 teams in football: Chiefs, Lions, Bucs, Browns, Titans, and Rams. However, he did manage to take the Chargers in a sneaky pick against the Broncos on MNF. Miguel had a similar strategy but went down in Carolina's surprise thrashing of the defending NFC champs. Congrats to Bibler, but let it be known that we will be gunning for you this time around.

Even though Stan, Steve, and I all went out pretty early, we enjoyed watching the agony of defeat all the same. Thus, we will start a new season of Pick 'EM this week. All teams are now fair game. If the season extends into the playoffs, so be it (Steve is probably going to take the Saints this week just in case they make the Super Bowl). In order to spread the joy, feel free to include anyone who wants to play.

For those new to Pick 'EM here are the rules:

Pick 1 team per week to LOSE.
Forget about the spread, we are just trying to predict who will lose.
You can only pick a team once during the season (picks have reset from the first go around).
If your team wins, you're out.
Last player standing wins.

You can pick your team up until kickoff of that game. Only those that pick this week are eligible for the season.

Please leave them as comments (or email them to me, Stan, or Steve). Trash talking your team or other players picks is highly encouraged.

To kick off the jawing, I predict that Bibler will have an early exit in Pick 'EM II when the Nevermores knock off his Orange Striped Pussy Cats in the 'Nati.

20 comments:

  1. Wait, does that mean you're picking Cincy at home to lose, Brett? Are you out of your mind? I'm picking Tampa Bay and their Cover 0 defense, and giving Green Bay a chance for redemption after screwing me against Cincy in week 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take the Bucs as well. Sadly, go Packers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I'm taking the Bucs. It seems that there is actually a team out there worse then the Bills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorrie is drinking the Kool-Aid and going with the Bucs too

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolina to lose, but I'm so tempted to take the Giants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going with Mari-e's favorite team, the Carolina Hello-Kitty's to lose to Drew Brees and the mighty Saints.

    Over Under:
    Delhomme INT: 3.5
    CAR rushes: 50.5
    CAR passes: 11.5
    Brees TD: 4.5

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to have to go with the Bucs as well

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bibler says Fins. Frankly I don't blame him because we are not going to win every week with TD's from our defense and special teams. Also, Belichek is probably still pissed about last year, which means that we'll be getting the F-U TD treatment.

    Just in: Bibler has a weird feeling that the Packers might blow it, so he's not going Bucs like everyone else. He hasn't missed yet, so let's see if Biblerdamus can come through again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Panthers who hopefully won't burn me again

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is Birdo: I saw the Bucs too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tampa Bay is not going away quietly - I'm getting nervous ... will Green Bay knock me out two weeks in a row?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that went well. 6 people out already, 3 people who picked the hello kitties are now looking at a 14-0 hole, and Bibler safely in the clubhouse. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Slim pickens at this point, but I'm going with the Cowboys

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm starting the Saints DEF, going against DeAngelo Williams, and need the Panthers to lose in Pick 'Em. How can this be resolved in one play? Easy. Williams fumbles and New Orleans takes it to the house. Ballgame. Count eeet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brett, re: your pregame over unders, that's a sweet INT rate for Dell Homie.

    Also, Mission: Jinx Your Division Rival was a great success today in the Meadowlands!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It seems Will wass the final casualty of the night on a day when the rivers ran red.

    None of my over/unders were even marginally close, but the Saints pulled out another win because their defense is making the Cleveland offense the 33rd best in the league.

    ReplyDelete