1.09.2011

Pick Em Wildcard Round

Playoff Pick Em is upon us. We're going to try out a new system here because of the limited number of games. Each week, you must pick the team to lose by the least. To put it another way, you are trying to pick the loser of the closest game this weekend. If two or more teams lose by the same amount, then people who picked those teams will advance (ties go to the runner). Obviously, that team will be out if you move on, so no worries about having to pick the same team twice. If anyone makes it to the Super Bowl, then the Super Bowl Round will be determined by the person who best predicts the loser's point total (Price is Right rules: the closest number without going over). Tie breaker in the Super Bowl will be to guess the total number of yards surrendered by the losing team (Price is Right rules apply here too).

Again, pick the team that will lose in the closest game this week. I'll reiterate Super Bowl rules if anyone makes it that far.

Let the games begin!

18 comments:

  1. In this experimental format of Playoff Pickem, I predict that the Indy--NYJets game in the Drum (Lucas Oil Field) will be truly a game of inches. 12 in fact, since 12 inches = 1 foot and we all know how much Rex Ryan loves feet.

    J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

    ReplyDelete
  2. The correct answer is clearly da shootout. When in doubt, home team wins. Packers to lose by 3. Sucks to be you if you picked a Packer in your IDP fantasy draft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I predict that the narrowest margin of defeat (victory?) will occur in the Chiefs' loss to the Ravens. (Must I specify the size of that margin?)

    FOOTBALL

    -mcv

    ReplyDelete
  4. With no regard for common sense, odds, or football, I will go with the Saints.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In this week's meta Pick 'em, Pick 'em, I pick Cain to be farthest off his prediction of everyone who played. Either that or he's crazy like a fox.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beast Mode is officially back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ALL WRONG! THE ANSWERS ARE ALL WRONG! Cain gets a bonus point for picking the Saints though.

    ReplyDelete