IRENE, South Africa – Despite errors by FIFA referees that disallowed two goals and almost knocked the United States out of the World Cup, coach Bob Bradley isn’t in the mood to complain about the refs.
“The game is very hard to officiate,” he said.
Instead, Bradley took aim at a soccer tradition that assaults the sensibilities of many of the casual or new American fans this U.S. team has attracted this week – flopping.
If you’re tired of seeing generally fit, strong players writhe on the field like a wounded duck after a phantom touch, only to have one of their wincing eyes peaking at the referee, then Bradley feels your, ah, pain.
He ripped the players who do it, called for postgame reviews of incidents and demanded stiff penalties for offenders.
“I hate to see players act like they’ve been hit and get away with it,” Bradley said Thursday in advance of the Americans’ game against Ghana on Saturday. “I would be ashamed if I was the one doing it.”
Fuck you, Manu Ginobili.
AMEN!
ReplyDelete